Crypto Currency Now Accepted! You can now purchase subscriptions and store items using your favourite Crypto Currencies! ×

Remove C4

QuiGonJimmy

On 12/19/2020 at 9:04 AM, A D said:

+1

We skipped building a weed farm/ actively base building this season because of C4. No place is safe with the amount of C4 in circulation, resorting to logging out with heavy weapons or burying them in the ground.

C4 wasn't released until almost a month into wipe, so i'm going to guess you started playing this server in the last few weeks.

But yes, I don't think it should be as simple as finding a charge at a crash site. Some form of crafting, or added format to force players to use c4 sparingly and in more strategic ways. As sledging is still a great method for raiding, as bases won't be destroyed in minutes. But c4 can allow an early push into a base so I think it has a place. Just shouldn't have enough to blast something sizable to the ground in mere moments.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jizzele said:

C4 wasn't released until almost a month into wipe, so i'm going to guess you started playing this server in the last few weeks.

But yes, I don't think it should be as simple as finding a charge at a crash site. Some form of crafting, or added format to force players to use c4 sparingly and in more strategic ways. As sledging is still a great method for raiding, as bases won't be destroyed in minutes. But c4 can allow an early push into a base so I think it has a place. Just shouldn't have enough to blast something sizable to the ground in mere moments.

I like this "But yes, I don't think it should be as simple as finding a charge at a crash site. Some form of crafting, or added format to force players to use c4 sparingly and in more strategic ways." in particular.
It could be split into, lets say 3, components that you then craft to combine into one C4. And all components are rare from heli crash sites for example

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bubble said:

I like this "But yes, I don't think it should be as simple as finding a charge at a crash site. Some form of crafting, or added format to force players to use c4 sparingly and in more strategic ways." in particular.
It could be split into, lets say 3, components that you then craft to combine into one C4. And all components are rare from heli crash sites for example

I agree man , I only wanted it removed because bases are like beacons atm, with that bug gone and a little tweaking no reason to remove C4. Would be interesting to be able to acquire it different ways provided the items needed to craft it are rare :). Like if c4 trashed the guns inside of gunracks and not just the rack itself that would make people think twice about damaging the gear they are wanting to raid . 🙂

23 hours ago, Jizzele said:

We made this decision earlier after been blasted with many c4s last season. We had a base with 500 parts, 5 plotpoles. We made subsequent recovery bases but they were all gone with no chance to defend. We will make a base after this upcoming wipe, hopefully if all plan goes well, c4 proof.